What is Digital History Network?
It is a platform for organizations, projects and initiatives using digital media for analyzing historical events, conducting research, visualizing and representing data related to the past.
The platform will be of use to historians, journalists, NGO representatives, history teachers, IT experts, designers and project managers, interested in developing a multiperspective culture of remembrance in Europe, especially about World War Two events.
- websites, platforms and databases for museums and archives
- interactive maps, games and VR projects
- educational digital projects and mobile apps
- longreads, media projects and podcasts
How does the platform work?
- You fill out a short form and add your organization.
- Next, we verify information and add your organization to the database (within three days at the latest).
- After that, you can post projects and announcements of your events.
The website was created within the “Teaching History 4.0” project, realized by IBB Minsk and IBB Dortmund together with partner organizations throughout 2019-2020 years and financially supported by the German Federal Foreign Office. Historians and NGO representatives from Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Germany and Poland took part in the project events.